What Can I Bring to Rehab?
Whether you’re entering detox, a recovery residence or outpatient treatment, we’ll help you know what to bring for a safe, effective experience in recovery.
What to Bring
Bring these items for detox, residential rehab or outpatient treatment.
- Photo identification
- Your insurance card, if applicable
- Seasonally appropriate, comfortable clothing.
- An open mind
What To Pack
Pack these items for detox or residential rehab.
- Clothing for approximately one week: gym clothes, athletic shoes, a robe and jacket are items to consider
- One quart-sized, zip-locked bag containing cosmetics
- One gallon-sized, zip-locked bag containing toiletries
You can bring the following items, but you’ll need to check them out with permission to use them:
- Money to for essential items from the store
- Disposable safety razors (must be stored in a plastic bag)
- Hair dryer
- Curling/straightening iron
- Nail clippers or file
- iPod or other music player (may not have a camera or WiFi capability)
What To Leave At Home
- Any products containing alcohol, including mouthwash and hand sanitizer.
- Any sharp or dangerous items
- Jewelry or any other valuables
- T-shirts with explicit, violent themes or drug references
- Irons, fans, heaters or heating pads and electric blankets
- Food items
- Wire hangers
- Aerosol cans
- Laundry detergent, bleach, fabric softener or dryer sheets
- Extension cords
- Outside reading materials, unless spiritual or self-help
- Personal linens, pillows or stuffed animals
- Bottles of cologne or perfume
Please note that our staff may confiscate any item deemed inappropriate.